It was a tiring start to the first day having to wake up early and meet at the airport at 4 a.m. Everyone was half asleep, but the excitement kept us awake. We caught a short flight to Munich Airport and then boarded a coach to our hotel. We dropped off our luggage and spent the rest of the day walking around the City starting at Marienplatz, the main square. We saw the famous beer hall, Hofbräuhaus, and learnt some of the history of Munich. We came back in the evening and had our dinner which was really nice and then went to our rooms with our luggage and fell asleep straight away. On the second day we went to the Dachau Concentration Camp. It was an enormous camp and we had a tour guide who explained everything that had happened. It took around two hours to go around and we learnt a lot of things, for example where and how the prisoners slept, and the punishments that were given to those who wouldn’t follow instructions. After that we had lunch and went to the Deutsches Museum. It had a lot of sections about science and the history of vehicles and electronics. Then we had a long walk back to our hotel and had dinner there. We had a couple of hours of free time in the hotel and we played on the pool table. After another long day we went to sleep exhausted. On the third day we had a later start and after breakfast everybody was fully awake and ready for another day of walking. We walked to a huge park called the Englischer Garten; there we had a bit of free time to walk around and explore. Some enjoyed refreshments by the Chinese Tower. We then headed to the Olympic Park and went up the impressive Olympiaturm which overlooks the city. It is nearly 300m tall and weighs 52,500 tons and, at the top, we could see many of the places we had already been to. It was a beautiful view and we could also see the Allianz Arena and mountains in the background. Then we walked to the BMW Museum which was extraordinary. One building had all of the newest cars, bikes and technology used, and the other building featured older cars and the history of BMW and their racing achievements. Next we went to Olympia Bowling and played two games there; it was fun even though I lost! After that we went to Hard Rock Café for a delicious evening meal. We took a lot of photographs and it was definitely a memorable meal. We bought some souvenirs and then headed back to the hotel. We played a few pool games against Mr Jones and Mr Campbell and finally went to our rooms to sleep. We couldn’t wait for the last day. We woke up early eager to go. After breakfast we headed to the Allianz Arena; it was a huge stadium and the architecture was unbelievable. We had a tour around the seating levels and then headed inside where the interviews took place; we also went into the changing rooms and then the gift shop. We bought a lot of things and it was probably the best part of the trip for me. We then headed back to the Englischer Garten to play football – Year 9 and Mr Campbell against Year 10. Year 10 won 3-2. It was then time to go back to the hotel, pick up our suitcases and head to the airport for the flight back home. Paramjot Johal 10W MUNICH TRIP 14