DID YOU KNOW…
just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the School gets extra funding?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out!
The Government is giving money to Schools and Academies to help children from lower income families to do their very best. This funding is called the “Pupil Premium”. For every child registered we will get £900.
With this funding we can supply better resources and educational trips for your child. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also receive clothing and travel assistance.
How does it work?
- First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed so please call Ms Macilwraith (0121 554 2794 Ext: 243) or email.
- Register – this is quick and easy but Ms Macilwraith will help you if you contact her.
- If you want your child to have a free healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you £390 a year), extra benefits and the School will receive the extra funding.
- If you don’t want your child to have the School meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered the School will still receive the extra funding.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for a Free School Meal if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are bot entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.