Mr F Ahmed (Science Block) – Head of Enrichment Studies
- Legacy – Mr Ahmed (SF4)
- Volunteering– Mr Ahmed (SF4)
- SPORT– Mr Griffiths, Mr Campbell (Sports Hall, Main Hall, Goals, Fields)
- ECDL– Mr King & Mr Hawkins (RM C1)
- Personal Finance– Mr Coulthard (RM 14)
- ART – Miss Vaughan (RM 34)
- Mandarin Chinese – Mrs Liu (RM 23)
- Reading – Mr Coulthard / Mrs Stanton (Dawson Rd back gate – meeting point)
- Karate – Mr Codrington & Mr Ahmed (SB, Codrington Bodokhan, City Centre)
- Boxing – Mr Codrington & Mr Ahmed (SB, Codrington Bodokhan, City Centre)
- Fencing – Mr Codrington & Mr Ahmed (SB, Codrington Bodokhan, City Centre)
There should be more to the sixth form experience than studying for exams. At HGS we believe that all students should have the opportunity to access a wide range of activities designed to enrich the academic curriculum, develop new skills and interests as well as just to have fun! The enrichment studies programme offers a diverse selection of activities including both timetabled and non-timetabled general courses.
Sticking to the university model, on a Wednesday afternoon we have an enrichment session for all students. The courses range from sport and mixed martial arts to volunteering, Art to Mandarin Chinese. Some of our students play team sports such as football and basketball and compete at regional tournaments.
The enrichment opportunities help to develop the students’ leadership qualities, independence, life-long skills such as team work and generally offer them something else other than A-level studies to do.
- You will have the opportunity to arrange for and complete the necessary work experience to help you get into a good university to study the course you like and help you get a good job.
- Understand the route into medicine and dentistry and what you need to do to improve your chances of studying them at a good university.
- Make friends, socialise with existing friends and meet new people.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification (select courses) with UCAS points to help you get into university.
- Learn new skills that you can talk about in your university and, later on, job applications.
For further information please view our Enrichment Studies Booklet or email questions using the enquiry contact form with the message subject of FAO: Enrichment Studies.