Shakespeare Season Weekly Events
Visit Stratford Half Term Offer
As part of Shakespeare Season, an exciting offer from the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust to all staff and students and their families to visit Stratford upon Avon during this half term, which includes a massive discount in order to visit places of interest associated with William Shakespeare.
Shakespeare’s Stratford upon Avon
Exploring the Early Life of William Shakespeare
Channel 4 Time Team Special: Searching for Shakespeare’s House
Strictly Talk Shakespeare
- Learn one of the speeches which you have been provided with by your English teacher
- You will be given the opportunity to deliver your speech in an English lesson and the rest of your form or your English group will decide who will go through to the next round
- If you have won your form or English group round, you now have to run against other form groups or English groups in your year to decide your year group’s overall winner
- Year finals dates in the school hall:
- Strictly Talk Shakespeare Period 5 26th February Yr 7 Final
- Strictly Talk Shakespeare Period 6 26th February Yr 8 Final
- Strictly Talk Shakespeare Lesson 2 27th February Yr 9 Final
- Strictly Talk Shakespeare Lesson 4a 27th February Yr 10 Final
- Strictly Talk Shakespeare Lesson 6 27th February Yr 11 Final
- The Grand Final. On 8th March 2024 winners of each year group will now go head-to-head to decide who this year’s Strictly Talk Shakespeare Champion is. Strictly Talk Shakespeare Lesson 3 8th March Grand Final
Shakespeare Film Club
All films begin at 3.15pm. Refreshments provided. Merits awarded in return for your support of this new club.
Tuesday, 23rd January Henry V (1989)
Tuesday 30th January A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1999)
Monday 5th February Romeo + Juliet (1996)
Thursday 8th February West Side Story (1961)
Monday 19th February Macbeth (2010)
Monday 26th February Othello (1995)
Monday 4th March Forbidden Planet (1956)
Games and Quizzes
Rules for completing Shakespeare Puzzles
- Download the Shakespeare puzzle you wish to complete
- After you have completed the Shakespeare puzzle, take it to room 7
- Sending completed Shakespeare puzzles by email will not be accepted.
- All accurately completed Shakespeare puzzles will be awarded a prize.